Located around the corner from The Hotel Salem at 32 Derby Square, Old Town Hall is the earliest surviving municipal structure in Salem, Massachusetts (dating from 1816-17) and contained Town offices until 1837. An outstanding example of a Federal Style building, the two-story structure is comprised of the Lower Hall, originally designed as a public market, and The Great Hall on the second floor of the building. Old Town Hall is wheelchair accessible and has restrooms on the upper and basement levels.
The Great Burlesque Exposition is delighted to be using this historic hall for our Vendor Faire – featuring over three dozen artisans and crafters; our drop-in classes (courtesy of The Boston Academy of Burlesque Education); and other special events and presentations over the weekend.
Just a 5 minute walk from Old Town Hall, The Bridge at 211 has a street address of 211 Bridge Street, but you're much better off following the map across Salem Green and down North Walk. The building is across the street from the Salem commuter rail stop, and parking is available there or at the municipal lot between Church and Federal Streets.
Originally the FIrst Unitarian Church in Salem, the building was constructed in 1808 and expanded later. Over the course of the weekend, we will be using Bolles Hall on the upper floor for most shows, the ground floor of the building for The Conference and The Museum of Burlesque, and Dickson Hall (in the basement) for The Bordello on Friday night. The Bridge at 211 is not wheelchair accessible and has restrooms on the first floor and basement levels.